It is hot. Like really hot. Here are my favorite things to do to survive the Mumbai heat.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Always wear sunglasses.
- Wear white and loose cotton clothes.
- Drink a lot of Indian buttermilk (chaas).
- Wake up early and stay up late (and sleep during the midday heat).
- Eat mangoes that were kept in the fridge.
- Add cucumber salad to every meal.
- Drink hot mint tea (it actually cools your body).
- Take lukewarm showers instead of cold showers (again, it cools your body better).
- Eat ice-cream. Or even better: eat ice-cream sandwiches.
- Go swimming. every. single. day.
- Leave the city and go to one of the many hill-stations for the weekend.
- Eat lot of fresh fruits.
- Put sunscreen. Always.
- Wear a hat (even if you look silly).
- Drink fruity cocktails.*
*The Sassy Spoon in Bandra celebrates World Cocktail Day tomorrow with refreshing summer cocktails starting at 99INR. You’ll properly meet me there.